$15 per hour canvasser positions available in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Alexandria, Shreveport/Bossier and Northeast Louisiana
Together Louisiana is hiring neighborhood canvassers for the Vaccine Equity Project. Positions are available for the pilot phase of the project in Alexandria, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, and Northeast Louisiana.
The Vaccine Equity Project is part of Bring Back Louisiana -- a partnership between Together Louisiana, the Louisiana Department of Health, the Louisiana Public Health Institute, vaccine providers, the Power Coalition other community organizations to conduct a grassroots, door-to-door canvassing campaign to improve vaccine access and vaccine equity in low-income neighborhoods across Louisiana.
The campaign’s mission is to transform the lowest-vaccinated areas into the highest-vaccinated areas, neighborhood by neighborhood.
The campaign will:
- Identify the highest-priority census tracts based on social vulnerability and current vaccination rate;
- Partner with local community institutions to organize a neighborhood-level vaccination event within the target neighborhood;
- Conduct door-to-door canvassing to every home in target areas to schedule vaccine appointments for residents at their neighborhood event.
APPLY TO JOIN THE TEAM
Canvassers will go door-to-door to speak with residents and schedule vaccination appointments using a smart phone.
This job is temporary and will continue for one to three months starting on April 14th. The position pays $15 per hour. This is a physically active position, meaning canvassers must be able to handle both frequent idle pauses and remaining mobile for extended periods of time.
We are hiring people who are able to work in Alexandria, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, and Northeast Louisiana.
- Good people skills
- Good knowledge of smart phone use and smart phone apps
- Ability to work 30 to 40 hours per week
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time